Thought You'd Never Ask

Just mouthing off -- because I can.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Why I blog anonymously

I blog under a pseudonym because of what happened to law professor Todd Henderson, who didn't. There are indeed vile people out there.

A commenter sums up the result:

Typical of "progressives" -- attack people personally rather than debate their positions honestly and logically. Threaten their jobs and families. Give them false labels like "racist."

I've experienced similar personal attacks and threats to the safety of my family, simply for my stating personal positions on government and taxes, and I'm a nobody.

The Left is deranged. Truth can withstand debate, but their "transforming of America" requires anger, threats, and vicious attacks. If their side has great solutions, put them out there for open debate rather than shut down those who want to discuss issue.

Typical left-wing kneejerk reaction, straight out of the Alynski playbook: "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it."

I'm a nobody too. But I didn't want my family attacked, or have to hire a bodyguard. I didn't want us to have to enter the witness protection program, just because I expressed my opinion, speech protected by my country's Constitution.

Things like this make me admire all the more the brave people who shoulder the grief and speak out, like Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, and Mark Steyn.

At the same time, I try not to take low-class advantage of my online anonymity and do or say anything online anonymously that I wouldn't do or say or stand behind as myself in "real life." Except that I am a much better writer than I am a speaker, so I tend to sound a little more articulate here than I do in "real life."

Via Instapundit.

UPDATE: Other brave Americans I venerate for their heroism: Andrew Breitbart, Pam Geller, and Robert Spencer. These people are taking the heat for expressing their opinions so all of the rest of us don't have to be on the front lines (yet) as they are.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home